Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Homemade Goldfish Crackers

Homemade Goldfish Crackers


 Before getting started, decide on what shapes you’ll be cutting out. Using an aluminum can and tape, I cut a thin strip and formed my fishy, then taped the edges together with clear packing tape.



I had so much fun I couldn’t stop, and made a Pac-Man and a football. The ideas for shapes you could create are endless! Large icing tips and small cookie cutters work well, too.


You’ll need just a few simple ingredients: shredded cheese, butter, flour, salt and cold water. That’s it!

Begin combining everything, except the water, in a food processor until the dough looks like sand.


Next, pulse in the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until combined.


Remove the dough from the processor and form into a small, tidy package. Wrap in plastic and chill for 20 minutes.


Once chilled, roll out the dough. I found the thinner the dough, the crispier the cracker.


Now, the cutting fun begins!


Place crackers on a lined cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes. I began with little fishies.


Then moved on to the footballs and then the Pac-Man (or Mrs. Pac-Man).


Aren’t they cute? They puff up a tad, resulting in a chewy, cheesy cracker.


Look! Pac-Man is after a fish.


Have fun with this one y’all! I enjoyed making these and I think you will too. Get creative and let the kids join in!


Thanks Erin for submitting this darling recipe.
Recipe source:dinners dishes and desserts

2 comments: